Saturday 6 February 2010

Winters

I've been living in Taipei for about 14 months. The coldest it has gotten in that time was a mild 48 degrees or 8 degrees Celsius. Since I've been here I have missed the sight of snow and that feeling you get the night a big snow storm is coming. Kind of similar to "Am I gonna be stuck in my house for a day or two?". It's similar to excitement.

Today, while looking on facebook, I saw some picutres of the storm that hit Virginia this weekend. HOLY SHIT! That's pretty much all I can say. I have never been in a storm that big and I don't think I would want to. Thinking about my more or less absent winter season and looking at these pictures has made me realize something. I miss snow and a cold day but not being cold. And I certainly don't miss being stuck in my house because no stores are open and the snow on the road is up to my car window. Good luck Va. Hope you have enough tea, whiskey, food, and someone for company. It's gonna be a long one.

No comments:

Post a Comment