Thursday 19 March 2009

"From the head to the expression"---> What does that mean?....vol 1

I opened my eyes and lifted my head up. I looked across the train and saw a girl asleep. Her head was resting against the plastic divider between her seat and the car's door. In front of her was shopping bag that read:

Is Marijuana really so bad for me?

this was written around the iconic image of a pot leaf. Most Taiwanese do not know what this leaf is. They like it because they see it inc American culture. It's hilarious to see grandmas wearing a shirt with a giant pot leaf and rasta colored stripes.


This morning I was able to find a seat on the bus. Quite easily too. At the next stop a girl climbed onto the bus and stood with her back towards me. On her T-shirts was written:

Bus trip (the brand of her t-shirt)

Around "bus trip" were the words:

from the head to the expression

The first and only thing I thought was, "what does that mean?". Is it a metaphor? an innuendo? Just incorrect English? what could "from the head to the expression" possibly mean?

1 comment:

  1. remember marijuana will and has stunted your growth...in Taiwan, it must, why is everyone shorter than you. along with bus trip thing it continues to be a long strange trip!

    ReplyDelete