Monday 12 January 2009

What do I look like, a Panda?

Levi's are everywhere. On every continent and probably in every city there is a Levi's store.

"What is the biggest waist size you have in Taiwan" I inquired walking around the megalopolis department store known as Sogo.
"some 34 and some 36." The clerk was referring to different styles.
I picked up a pair and asked, "how about this style?"
She told me "34" but that in another color she had a 36, then held up the other color unfolded for me to see. This monstrosity of denim, fade washed, white-lined and shiny looked like an old sky blue leisure suit that had been worn to Tony Montoya's last coke party and woke up in a ditch.
"What do I look like, a panda?" I asked.



Sometimes, I feel eyes upon me. "Observed in a natural setting, the creature interacts with his world instinctively". I look around, but no one is staring. Occasionally, I'll catch somebody in the eyes and we both just look away as usually done when two strangers meet eyes. I may speak the tongue, walk the gait and wear the clothes, but I will never blend in because of the color of my skin. A blonde panda.

1 comment:

  1. Did you actually buy the jeans? (from Ethan), I like the panda part because I had the same experience when i was studying abroad. I am a black monkey/cow(coz I am so fat now). hahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete