Monday 13 July 2009

Better Than Your Morning Coffee

Coffee is a great way to wake up. When you can barely open yours eyes or if you had rager the night before it can do the trick to pull you into the world of the living. At least for a little while. Yesterday, I discovered coffee's rival. Something that can send a jolt of consciousness through your body and deliver immediate energy albeit an adrenaline fed panic.

I discovered it around 2am. I woke up to my boat rocking violently on stormy waves. The earthquake made my apartment bow like a Japanese hotel clerk to the Queen of England. Well, that's a bit exaggerated but the sound of things falling over, bending and creaking sent a panic through me heightened my sense of "awake" immediately. Henceforth sleeping like shit for the rest of the night. Earthquakes are common in Taiwan and I know I will have the pleasure of waking up again to the sway of this new friend. Good times and earthquakes, good times and earthquakes....

No comments:

Post a Comment