Monday 25 May 2009

Chase the Rabbit

I haven't posted for a while because its pretty boring lately. I'm finally going out of town this weekend and that might give me something to write about. For now, you can read about my Saturday night. I warn you though, its not that exciting.

Drinking has diminished to once a week for me. Every Saturday I go to a great bar that I won't mention because I don't want to ruin the atmosphere by telling the lao wai world about it and I want it all to myself. I'm selfish. Its a little haven for the rockers, artists, for Taiwanese actors, and MTV vj's. They got those track bike scenie-weenies too. Why all these folks find themselves in one small, dark bar playing all the indie rock hits is beyond me but I happened to have been turned on to it and consider myself lucky. Feels a lot like home too. That is, if everyone back home looked "Asian" and spoke Chinese.

Last Saturday I had a usual night at the bar. However, as sometimes is the case, a beer can lead to a shot which leads to a war. And Whiskey always wins...no matter how much vodka and tequilla you think you like. Needless to say i fell asleep on my bathroom floor. It was nice to wake up in my bed though. Hmmmm. I never did chase the rabbit down the white hole. (Chase the rabbit is puke in Taiwanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment